23 January 2012
Volkswagen unveils 5-door version of its up! city car
- More practical version of the 2012 What Car? Car of the Year winner.
- Same size as the 3-door version but with rear doors featuring pop-out glass for ventilation.
- Prices will be revealed closer to UK sales commencing in the second half of 2012.
- Available to order now in 3-door guise, with the Take up! costing £7995, with delivery in March.
Hyundai reveals pricing and specifications for the new i30 range
- Second generation model replaces the original i30 launched in 2007.
- Hyundai claims the i30 is the lowest priced and most fuel efficient diesel model in its class.
- All 1.6 CRDi models come with Hyundai’s Blue Drive technologies achieving figures of 76.3mpg and 97g/km CO2.
- Prices range from £14,495 for the Classic 1.4 100PS to £20,295 for the Style Nav 1.6 CRDi 128PS Blue Drive.
24 January 2012
Jaguar launches new XF 2.2 Diesel variants: SE Business and Sport
- Further expansion of the popular Jaguar XF range capitalising on the business sector market.
- SE Business model based on the new 163PS version of the 2.2 Diesel and costs £31,500.
- Features on the SE Business include satnav with seven inch touch screen, stop-and-go fuel saving measures, 400W sound system, leather and suedecloth upholster and bi-xenon lights.
- The Sport model is based on the 190PS 2.2 Diesel engine and costs £34,950.
- Standard equipment on the Sport includes the aerodynamic pack from the 3.0 V6 Diesel S, piano black interior trim, heated front screen and reversing camera.
25 January 2012
Chevrolet confirms UK pricing and specification for the new Aveo
- All new 5-door Aveo marks a striking new direction compared with the previous Daewoo-based predecessor.
- Two petrol engines on offer in 1.2 (86PS, 60.9mpg, 111g/km CO2) and 1.4-litre (101PS, 44.8-53.3mpg, 125-147g/km CO2) capacities; 6-speed automatic available on selected 1.4s.
- Three tunes of the 1.3 VCDi diesel available with 75-95PS, 68.9-78.4mpg and 95-108g/km CO2.
- Prices range from the LS 1.2 at £9995 to the LTZ 1.3 VCDi at £13,615.
Kia launches 3-door Rio in the UK
- First time a sportier 3-door body style version of the Rio has been offered.
- Range mirrors the existing 5-door in terms of engines and trim levels.
- Prices start at £9995 for the ‘1’ 1.25 up to £14,295 for the ‘3’ 1.4 CRDi EcoDynamics.
26 January 2012
BMW reveals the facelifted X6 Sports Activity Coupé
- Styling revisions abound at the front of the American-built BMW with new lights, grilles and bumper.
- LEDs feature in the tail lights and are optionally available up front.
- Revised engine range includes the xDrive30d (245bhp), xDrive35i (306bhp), xDrive40d (306bhp) and xDrive50i (407bhp), all fitted with BMW’s TwinPower turbo engines.
- First of BMW’s new M Performance models is the triple turbo X6 M50d producing 381bhp and reaching 62mph in just 5.3 seconds yet still achieves 37.7mpg.
- UK prices and specifications to be confirmed later in 2012.
BMW releases details of M Performance versions of the 5 Series and X5
- In addition to the revised X6 and its new diesel flagship the X6 M50d, BMW has revealed further M Performance derivatives.
- All feature a 6-cylinder, 2993cc triple turbo diesel, delivering 381bhp and 546lb ft of torque, mated to an 8-speed automatic gearbox.
- M550d xDrive saloon: 155mph, 0-60mph in 4.7 seconds, 44.8mpg and 165g/km CO2.
- M550d xDrive Touring: 155mph, 0-60mph in 4.9 seconds, 44.1mpg and 169g/km CO2.
- X5 M50d: 155mph, 0-60mph in 5.4 seconds, 37.7mpg and 199g/km CO2.
27 January 2012
Fiat refreshes the Punto for 2012
- Fiat has again facelifted its Punto model, dropping the Evo name it received at the last one.
- The new nose is less fussy than the outgoing model.
- Range restructured with Pop, Easy, Lounge, TwinAir and sporty GBT trim levels.
- Engine range includes the existing 1.2 8-valve petrol (69bhp), 1.4 8-valve petrol (77bhp), 1.4 16-valve MultiAir petrol (105/135bhp) and diesel 1.3 16-valve MultiJet (75bhp), which are now joined by an 85bhp version of the MultiJet diesel and the 0.9-litre, 85bhp, two-cylinder TwinAir as used in the 500 range.
- Available now, priced at £9900 for the 1.2 8v Pop 3-door to .
Got something to say? Go for it!