30 January 2012
Škoda unveils the Citigo 5-door
- Hot on the heels of the unveiling of the 5-door Volkswagen up! sister car, Škoda presents the Citigo version.
- Due to be formally launched at the 2012 Geneva motor show.
- Powered by a three-cylinder 1.0-litre petrol engine, British sales will begin in the second half of 2012.
31 January 2012
Audi reveals the new BiTDI versions of the A6, A6 Avant and A7 Sportback
- Audi reveals its most powerful V6 TDI engine, the biturbo, 3.0-litre BiTDI.
- The new engine produces 313PS, 650Nm of torque and is mated to the quattro driveline via an 8-speed tiptronic transmission.
- 155mph top speed, 0-60mph in 5.1 seconds (A6 saloon), 44.1mpg on the combined cycle and 169g/km CO2.
- Available on the A6 saloon (from £43,810), A6 Avant (£45,650) and A7 Sportback (£51,645) in both SE and S line versions.
Subaru confirms UK prices for the new XV crossover
- The XV is Subaru’s first entry in the growing mid-sized crossover market.
- All models feature all wheel drive and boxer engines.
- Rated by Euro NCAP as the safest vehicle in its class.
- 1.6-litre (114PS) and 2.0-litre (150PS) petrol engines and a 2.0-litre (147PS) diesel, with 5- and 6-speed manual transmissions and a 6-speed CVT automatic (petrol only).
- Prices range from the £21,295 1.6i S up to the £29,995 2.0D SE Lux Premium.
1 February 2012
Nissan launches the Juke Shiro limited edition
- New range topping model, marked out by white detailing and special features.
- Marked out from regular models by dark grey 17″ alloys, satin finished door handles, gloss black finish to the B-pillar and a special dark aubergine paint.
- Based on the Tekna models, the Juke Shiro is available with a 110PS 1.5 dCi diesel, 117PS 1.6 petrol and a powerful 190PS DIG-T 1.6 turbo petrol, with prices starting at £17,695.
Ford launches the all-new B-MAX
- Set to debut at the 2012 Geneva motor show is Ford’s new small MPV, replacing the Fusion in the European lineup.
- Innovation is promised with a central pillar built into the doors and sliding rear side doors, like on the larger Grand C-MAX.
- Engine range will include the new 1.0-litre EcoBoost petrol engine, delivering 125PS and 58.9mpg.
- UK sales begin in September 2012.
smart facelifts the fortwo range for 2012
- Facelift of the popular city car with a much bolder grille design, containing an enlarged smart logo in its centre.
- Interior upgrades too with a more premium feel promised.
- pure, pulse, passion, BRABUS and BRABUS Xclusive trim levels remain, with improved equipment levels.
- UK prices and engine lineup will be revealed later in 2012.
Citroën confirms pricing and lineup for the new DS5 range
- Full UK range of models and prices revealed for Citroën’s new flagship range, the DS5.
- Engines comprise of the e-HDi 110 and HDi 160 diesels, THP 200 petrol and the diesel-electric HYbrid4 200.
- High levels of quality, finish and equipment across the DSign, DStyle and DSport trim levels.
- Prices start at £22,400 for the DSign e-HDi 110 Airdream EGS6 to £32,200 for the DSport HYbrid4 200 Airdream EGS6.
2 February 2012
Citroën launches the facelifted Berlingo Multispace
- New grille, refreshed light arrangement and LED day running lights indicate the facelifted 2012 Berlingo Multispace, with additional black trim around the bodywork.
- UK prices for the VT, VTR and XTR trim levels will be confirmed nearer the on sale date later in 2012.
Fiat debuts the new 500L
- All-new small MPV, with styling cues from the 500 city car, makes its debut at the 2012 Geneva motor show.
- The L part of the name stands for ‘Large’.
- At 4.14m long the Serbian-built 500L is longer than the six-seater Multipla.
- TwinAir and 1.4-litre petrol engines will be available at launch, as will the 1.3-litre MultiJet II turbo diesel.
- Sales begin in the final quarter of 2012.
SsangYong presents the Korando LE special edition
- First special edition version of the all-new, Giorgetto Giugiaro-designed SsangYong Korando.
- Distinguished with 18″ alloys, rear spoiler, privacy glass and rear parking sensors.
- Based on the S model with 2WD and 173bhp 2.0-litre turbo diesel engine.
- Available now, the Korando LE costs £17,995.
Audi launches new diesel versions of the A5 coupé and Sportback
- Audi has installed its four-cylinder 2.0 TDIe engine in the A5 coupé (163PS) and Sportback (136PS and 163PS) ranges.
- Fuel consumption on the combined cycle for both versions is a claimed 64.2mpg, with CO2 output of 115-117g/km depending on the model.
- Prices for the A5 coupé 2.0 TDIe 163PS begin at £28,775 while the 136PS version in the A5 Sportback costs from £27,320.
- Also new on the A5 range is the SE Technik trim level, available on all closed-roof, 2.0 TDI A5s. Equipment upgrade includes DVD-based satnav, parking sensors, iPod connectivity and cruise control.
Peugeot reveals its facelifted Partner Tepee
- Refreshed frontal styling for the Partner Tepee range, with a similar nose design to the 508 and forthcoming 208 models.
- Full trim and pricing details will be confirmed ahead of the Partner’s mid-March on sale date.
3 February 2012
MINI launches the Convertible Highgate limited editions
- Based on the existing Cooper, Cooper D, Cooper S and Cooper SD models, featuring a number of special features.
- Standard paintwork is metallic Iced Chocolate teamed with a Silvertouched Truffle fabric hood.
- Bonnet stripes with sublte blue edging and 17″ Double Cross Turned alloys complete the exterior makeover, whilst inside Dark Truffle leather seats with blue piping are the major change.
- Prices begin at £21,300 for a Cooper Highgate with manual transmission.