6 February 2012
ŠEAT unveils the 5-door Mii
- Immediately following the launch of the 5-door versions of the sister Volkswagen up! and Škoda Citigo comes the more practical version of the SEAT-branded Mii.
- Due to be formally launched at the 2012 Geneva motor show.
- Powered by a three-cylinder 1.0-litre petrol engine, British sales will begin in the second half of 2012.
Land Rover launches 10th Anniversary Range Rover special editions
- Land Rover is marking the 10th anniversary of the third generation Range Rover with three special editions.
- Based on the current Vogue and Vogue SE models is the TDV8 Westminster, featuring ‘Noble’ brightwork to the grille and wing vents, 20″ 10-spoke alloys, black lacquer interior trims, heated and cooled seats and 19-speaker 1200W harman/kardon surround sound system.
- The more luxurious Autobiography models are distinguised by unique bumper designs, 20″ alloy wheels finished in Shadow Chrome and a prestige interior with fully adjustable rear seating, with electric controls, heating and cooling function and aircraft style headrests.
- Prices for the 2012 limited edition Range Rovers are £69,995 for the TDV8 Westminster, £84,295 for the TDV8 Autobiography with the range topping Supercharged Autobiography costing £86,895.
BMW’s latest 3 Series saloon enters the UK market
- The latest 3 Series saloon is now on sale, initially in 320d (184bhp, 61.4mpg, 120g/km), 320d Efficient Dynamics (163bhp, 68.9mpg, 109g/km), 328i (245bhp, 44.1mpg, 149g/km) and 335i (306bhp, 35.8mpg, 186g/km) forms.
- ES, SE and later in 2012 M Sport versions, are joined by Sport, Modern and Luxury models, each with distinct characteristics.
- Shortly after launch 316d, 318d and 320i models will be available to offer more value-oriented customers further choice.
- Four wheel drive xDrive models and the ActiveHybrid 3 petrol-electric will complete the range by the end of 2012.
- Prices currently start at £28,020 for the 320d.
Suzuki launches the Alto Play limited edition
- The Play is based on the SZ3 grade of Suzuki’s Indian-built Alto range.
- Special features include Oyster Blue paint, silver accent across the grille and unique blue upholstery.
- Priced at just £7595, the Alto Play offers 64.2mpg and 103g/km at the tail pipe.
7 February 2012
Fiat confirms UK prices of the third generation Panda
- On sale in February is the latest incarnation of Fiat’s popular Panda small car.
- Trim levels in line with other ranges, with launch models available in Pop, Easy and Lounge specifications.
- Euro 5 compliant engine range consists of 1.2-litre 8-valve 69bhp petrol, 0.9-litre 85bhp TwinAir and 75bhp 1.3-litre MultiJet 2 diesel.
- Prices begin at £8900 for the 1.2 Pop to £12,250 for the 1.3 MultiJet 2 Lounge.
9 February 2012
Mitsubishi to debut the new Outlander
- Mitsubishi’s third generation Outlander will make its world premier at the 2012 Geneva motor show.
- Similar in size to the current model, the new Outlander will go on sale in the UK in late 2012.
- European engines will comprise of a 2.0-litre petrol and a 2.2-litre diesel, although precise specifications for Britain are yet to be decided.
- 2013 will see the debut of hybrid versions of the new Outlander.
Chevrolet reveals the new Cruze Station Wagon
- The third, Station Wagon, body style of the popular Chevrolet Cruze, makes its debut at the Geneva motor show.
- Boasting a loadspace of up to 1500l, the estate Cruze also brings in a raft of detail changes to the range.
- Additional to the lineup is a new 1.7-litre VCDi engine with 130bhp and emissions of 119g/km CO2.
Aston Martin V12 Zagato now available to order
- Aston Martin has confirmed that its exclusive V12 Zagato will commence production later in 2012.
- Limited to just 150 examples, the new coupé takes 2000 man hours to build.
- Constructed from hand crafted aluminium and carbon fibre, the V12 Zagato features signature styling cues such as wing vents and the double-bubble roof.
- Making its production debut at the 2012 Geneva motor show, the V12 Zagato costs £330,000 (plus local taxes).