13 February 2012
BMW unveils the latest generation M6
- Following on from the launch last year of the third generation 6 Series, BMW has now released details of the new M6 coupé and convertible.
- Power comes from the same TwinTurbo V8 engine as found in the latest M5, delivering 560bhp.
- Both models limited to 155mph, with 0-60 times of 4.2 seconds for the coupé and 4.3 seconds for the convertible, yet still returning 28.5mpg and 27.4mpg respectively.
- UK sales commence on 15 September 2012 at £93,795 for the M6 coupé and £98,995 for the M6 convertible.
14 February 2012
Mazda confirms UK prices and models for the CX-5 range
- Following its Frankfurt motor show debut last autumn, Mazda has confirmed pricing for the British line-up of CX-5s.
- The CX-5 embodies Mazda’s SKYACTIV technologies, which are designed to reduce weight, emissions and fuel consumption.
- Petrol 2.0-litre SKYACTIV-G models are FWD, whilst the SKYACTIV-D diesels, with a 2.2-litre powerplant can also be had with 4WD.
- Over the range, fuel consumption ranges from 47.0-61.4mpg, with emission output between 119-144g/km.
- Prices begin at £21,395 for the 2.0 SE-L 2WD SKYACTIV-G up to £28,795 for the 2.2 Sport Nav (175) AWD SKYACTIV-D.
15 February 2012
Audi unleashes the new RS 4 Avant
- New flagship power house for the A4 range in the form of the new RS 4 Avant.
- Powered by the same hand-built 4.2-litre V8 producing 450PS as found in the RS 5 coupé.
- Top speed of 155mph (limited), 0-60 in 4.7 seconds and 25.7mpg.
- Distinctive aggressive body modifications with honeycomb mesh grilles and flared wheelarch eyebrows.
- British sales begin in September 2012 with prices comfirmed later in the year.
Lexus announces British prices for the new GS range
- The fourth generation of mid-sized Lexus GS saloon is now available to order with first deliveries in June 2012.
- Petrol-engined GS 250 models are available in SE, Luxury and F Sport guises; the petrol-electric hubrid GS 450h as Luxury, F Sport and Premier.
- All models feature heated and ventilated electric front seats, automatic bi-xenon lights, LED day running lights, rain sensing wipers, smart entry and cruise control.
- Prices start at £32,995 for the GS 250 SE up to £50,995 for both the GS 450h F Sport and Premier models.
Ferrari announces improved California with ‘Handling Speciale’ package
- Debuting at the Geneva motor show is an improved version of Ferrari’s California with an optional Handling Speciale package.
- Power of the V8 engine has been boosted to 490bhp, ensuring the California reaches 60mph in just 3.8 seconds.
- The Handling Speciale package brings a host of suspenion improvements utilising magnetorheological dampers and a faster processing ECU. Stiffer springs and a 10% improvement in steering sharpness complete the transformation.
- UK prices will be confirmed later in 2012.
16 February 2012
Chrysler launches the limited edition Ypsilon Black&Red
- The first limited edition version of Chrysler’s newly launched Ypsilon small hatchback.
- Two-tone red and black exterior complemented by a similarly coloured interior.
- Three versions of the Black&Red are available: 1.2 petrol (£12,750), 0.9 TwinAir petrol (£13,950) and 1.3 MultiJet diesel (£14,950).
17 February 2012
Jaguar announces the limited edition XK Artisan SE
- Limited edition XK Artisan SE versions of the performance coupé and convertible are now available to order.
- The luxurious interior has been ugraded with scraffito grain leather for the seat facings, dash top and door casings, whilst the headlining is now finished in Poltrona Frau leather.
- 16-way Performance seats are fitted, as is a 525W Bower & Wilkins sound system. The exterior is available in a range of unique colours, complementing the new 20″ alloy wheel design.
- Prices for the Artisan SE XK range are £77,350 for the coupé and £82,500 for the convertible.
Special edition Mazda MX-5 Venture now on sale
- The latest limited edition Mazda MX-5, the Venture, is now available.
- The Roadster version is based on the 1.8 SE, the Roadster-Coupé on the higher specification 2.0 Sport Tech.
- Special Venture features include Havana Brown leather seats and door panels, leather steering wheel, climate control, piano black dashboard trims, cruise control and Sanyo TomTom touchscreen satnav.
- The 250 Roadsters and 550 Roadster-Coupés come in Metropolitan Grey, Radiant Ebony and Crystal White.
- Priced at £18,995 for the soft-top and £22,285 for the folding hard-top.
Audi confirms UK prices for the very limited edition A1 quattro
- Just 19, left hand drive examples of the Audi A1 quattro will be available to order in the UK from March, of the 333 which are being built.
- Power comes from an uprated 256PS edition of the 2.0-litre TFSI engine, delivering a top speed of 152mph and a 0-60 dash in 5.7 seconds.
- Fuel consumption is a claimed 32.8mpg whilst CO2 emissions are 199g/km.
- Over 600 components on the A1 quattro have been modified or replaced, going some way to justify the £41,020 price tag.