A round up of the week’s new car launches in bite-sized chunks.
News this week from from Aston Martin, Audi, Bentley, Hyundai, Maserati and Mercedes-Benz.
20 February 2012
Maserati reveals the GranTurismo Sport
- The new Sport version of Maserati’s GranTurismo coupé is to be launched at the Geneva motor show.
- Its 4.7-litre V8 engine has been retuned to deliver around 460bhp.
- Front and rear lights have been tweaked, complemented by a new, more aggressive front bumper design.
- UK prices for the GranTurismo Sport will be confirmed later in 2012.
Aston Martin announces the revised V8 Vantage
- Both the coupé and Roadster versions of Aston Martin’s V8 Vantage range have been revised for 2012.
- Visual makeover includes a more aggressive nose, with under-bumper splitter, sculpted side sills and a rear diffuser.
- Entry-level V8 Vantages have a revised 4.7-litre engine, delivering 420bhp, the S specification models with 430bhp.
- The previous six-speed Sportshift automated transmission had been replaced by a new seven-speed Sportshift II gearbox.
- Prices start at £84,995 for the V8 Vantage coupé.
Audi unleashes the revised RS 5 Coupé
- Audi’s RS 5 Coupé has been facelifted to bring it into line with the rest of the refreshed A5 line-up.
- The styling is even more aggressive before, in part thanks to the revised lighting units with a ‘solid band’ LED strip for the day running lights.
- Revised electromechanical power steering, DVD navigation, Bluetooth connectivity and cruise control added to the standard specification.
- Top speed is limited to 155mph (174mph of derestriction option is ordered), with a marginally lower 0-60 time of 4.5 seconds; fuel consumption and emissions also improved to 26.9mpg and 246g/km.
- UK deliveries begin in April, with the RS 5 Coupé available from £58,725.
22 February 2012
Mercedes-Benz launches the new SL-Class flagship – the SL 63 AMG
- The performance champion of the latest SL-Class range has been revealed in the form of the new SL 63 AMG.
- 537bhp is produced from the latest bi-turbo 5461cc direct injection V8 engine.
- The SL 63 AMG is limited to 155mph (or 186mph with the AMG Performance package specified), reaching 60mph in just 4.3 seconds.
- Due to be launched in summer 2012, UK prices will be confirmed in due course.
Greater driver focus with the new Bentley Mulsanne Mulliner Driving Specification
- A sportier interpretation of Bentley’s flagship Mulsanne saloon has been revealed in the form of the Mulliner Driving Specification package.
- Powered by the same turbocharged 6.75-litre V8 engine as before, the Mulsanne Mulliner Driving Specification has a number of unique features including a Sport setting for the suspension and steering, 21″ wheels and ‘Flying B’ vents set low in the front wings.
- Inside the Mulliner is differentiated by diamond quilted leather on the seat facings and door panels.
- UK prices for the Bentley Mulsanne Mulliner Driving Specification will be revealed later in 2012.
23 February 2012
Hyundai to debut its capacious new i30 estate
- The estate version of the second generation Hyundai i30 will be launched at the Geneva motor show.
- Like the hatchback version, engineering and development took place at Hyundai’s facility in Rüsselsheim, Germany.
- The estate is 185mm longer than its hatchback counterpart with a best-in-class loadspace of 528l with the rear seats up, extending to 1642l when folded.
- UK prices and specifications will be confirmed later in 2012.
Got something to say? Go for it!