A round up of the week’s new car launches in bite-sized chunks.
News this week from Mercedes-Benz.
20 March 2012
Mercedes-Benz unveils the SL-Class flagship – the SL 65 AMG
- Following on from the recent launch of the SL 63 AMG, Mercedes-Benz has released initial details of the more powerful SL 65 AMG.
- Propelled by a twin-turbo 6.0-litre V12 engine, the SL 65 delivers 630hp and 1000Nm of torque.
- Top speed is electronically limited to 155mph but the spring to 60mph from standstill takes just 4.0 seconds.
- Lightweight construction methods employed with aluminium and carbon fibre used extensively in the SL’s structure.
- SL 65 AMG sales will begin in the UK in the autumn with prices confirmed nearer the time.