A round up of the week’s new car launches in bite-sized chunks.
News this week from Abarth and BMW.
21 May 2012
Abarth unleashes the 695 Maserati Edition
- Abarth has launched a special edition of its tuned 500, re-introducing the iconic 695 nameplate, following on from the previous Tributo Ferrari edition.
- The £32,000 (yes, you read that correctly) 695 Maserati Edition, features a 180bhp 1.4-litre turbo engine mated to the Abarth Competizione paddle shift manual gearbox.
- Special features include Pontevecchio Bordeaux paint, grey soft top, beige leather interior, xenon headlamps, climate control, JBL stereo and matt carbon trim.
- The 695 Maserati Edition reaches a top speed of over 140mph and hits 60mph in less than 7 seconds. Combined fuel consumption is 43.4mpg, with emissions of 151g/km CO2.
25 May 2012
BMW releases revised new 7 Series
- BMW has revealed the facelifted 7 Series which features a host of refinements, both visual and mechanical.
- The revised nose with reprofiled lights contain adaptive LED technology and lend the front a more aggressive edge.
- Eight speed gearboxes are mated to a broad range of improved petrol and diesel engines, which for the first time in the UK features the petrol-electric ActiveHybrid 7, offering 354bhp and 41.5mpg on the combined cycle.
- Chassis refinements are aimed at improving ride comfort without detracting from the 7 Series’ ability as a sports saloon.
- Prices range from £58,115 for the 730d up to £101,805 for the 760Li.
Got something to say? Go for it!