A round up of the week’s new car launches in bite-sized chunks.
News this week from BMW, Ford and Perodua.
28 May 2012
Ford confirms prices for the new Focus ST range
- Ford has confirmed that its latest Focus ST range will start at £21,995 for the hatchback version when sales begin on 1 June.
- An estate version is once again available, costing from £23,095.
- Three specifications are on offer, becoming progressively better equipped, with ST, ST-2 and ST-3 grades.
- Power comes from a turbocharged 2.0-litre EcoBoost engine, delivering 250PS yet still returning 39.2mpg and 169g/km CO2.
- The Focus ST makes its big screen debut in the remake of The Sweeney due for release in UK cinemas soon.
28 May 2012
BMW confirms prices for the 6 Series Gran Coupé
- BMW has confirmed the UK line up for its four-door coupé version of the 6 Series – the Gran Coupé.
- The wheelbase has been stretched over the two-foor versions, ensuring the Gran Coupé offers more rear seat space, a central rear seat belt, yet remains a sportier proposition than the 5 or 7 Series saloons.
- Three models on offer: 640i (£61,390), 640d (£63,900) and 650i (£70,650).
29 May 2012
Perodua unveils the Myvi Wolfrace Design limited edition
- Limited to just 10 models, Perodua has revealed the Wolfrace Design Myvi.
- Featuring 17″ Wolfrace Brooklands alloys in black and silver, Wolfrace body graphics and skidplates. Buyers also receive a Wolfrace mug.
- Available in black or grey, the Myvi Wolfrace costs £7,999, or for an additional £1,000 a leather and Alcantara interior can be specified.
31 May 2012
BMW unleashes UK market M3 and M5 M Performance Editions
- Just 30 each of the M3 and M5 M Performance Editions will be built, all specifically for the UK market.
- Mechanically as the standard models, the latest M3 and M5 models are packed with special equipment and unique paint finishes from BMW Individual.
- M3 M Performance Edition costs £74,080, whilst the larger M5 M Performance Edition tips the scales at £95,140.