A round up of the week’s new car launches in bite-sized chunks.
News this week from Audi, McLaren, Mercedes-Benz and Vauxhall.
6 June 2012
Mercedes-Benz unveils the brutal new SLS AMG GT
- For customers who don’t find the regular SLS AMG fast enough, Mercedes-Benz has released the GT version.
- Improved driving dynamics and even better performance are promised in both coupe and roadster versions of the SLS AMG GT.
- The front-mid engined AMG V8 engine produces 591bhp, propelling the GT to an electronically limited top speed of 198mph, hitting 60pmh in just 3.7 seconds.
- As well as dynamic modifications, the lights front and rear have darkened lenses, modified grille and high gloss finishes to the exterior.
Audi confirms UK line-up of the new three-door A3 range
- Audi’s new three-door A3 hatchback is now available to order, with first deliveries in September.
- SE, Sport and S line models are available initially with a choice of 1.4 TFSI (120bhp), 1.8 TFSI (178bhp) and 2.0 TDI (148bhp).
- All new A3s feature alloy wheels, air conditioning, electronically folding dash information screen, Bluetooth connectivity and iPod connection.
- A3 prices start at £19,205 for the 1.4 TFSI SE up to £26,560 for the 1.8 TFSI S line S tronic.
7 June 2012
McLaren upgrades the MP4-12C for 2013
- McLaren has tweaked the MP4-12C for 2013 with a host of improvements.
- Chief amongst these is an increase in power to 616bhp, yet has no negative effect on fuel consumption (24.2mpg) or CO2 emissions (279g/km).
- Enhancements, including to the gearbox, improve refinement and the MP4-12C’s responses.
- Further colour options allow greater personalisation.
- Existing MP4-12C owners will be able to enjoy the upgrades retrospectively.
8 June 2012
Vauxhall confirms UK line-up of forthcoming Mokka range
- Vauxhall’s Mokka will be available with three engines when the range goes on sale in November 2012.
- A choice of 113bhp 1.6-litre petrol, 138bhp 1.4-litre turbo petrol and 128bhp 1.7-litre turbo diesel are on offer.
- S, Exclusiv and SE trims are available, starting at £16,995 for the S 1.6 16v VVT up to £23,490 for the SE 1.7 CDTi 16v S/S 4×4.
Got something to say? Go for it!