A round up of the week’s new car launches in bite-sized chunks.
News this week from Audi, Nissan and Vauxhall.
12 June 2012
Audi offers high performance and practicality with its new RS 4 Avant
- If you need to carry large volumes of kit and luggage at high speed, Audi may have just launched the car of your dreams: the new RS 4 Avant.
- Available now for £54,925, first deliveries of the RS 4 Avant in the UK will be in September.
- Electronically limited to 155mph, the RS 4 Avant will crack 60mph in just 4.7 seconds. The top speed can be increased to 174mph as an optional feature.
- Optional Dynamic Ride Control and Dynamic Steering increase the RS 4 Avant’s driver appeal further.
Nissan announces revisions to its entry-level Pixo range
- Nissan’s five-door Pixo city car has been improved and made cleaner.
- Available in both Visia and n-tec trims, the interior has been revised and improved, including the fitment of an automatically dimming rear view mirror.
- Mechanically, it’s also been tweaked now just just 99g/km of CO2 and averaging 65.7mpg on the combined cycle.
- Prices start at just £7250.
15 June 2012
Vauxhall nips and tucks the Astra
- Vauxhall’s popular Astra hatch and Sport Tourer have been revised for 2013.
- Subtle alterations include new grilles and anciliary lights mark out the new nose, whereas the rear enjoys a new chrome trim panel.
- Also new in the Astra GTC range is the 2.0 CDTi BiTurbo, with 195PS, making it the second most powerful GTC after the flagship VXR.
- Although the BiTurbo GTC can reach 139mph, it still returns a claimed average of 53.3mpg and CO2 emissions of 139g/km.
- Deliveries begin in September 2012.
15 June 2012
Audi reveals two firsts with its SQ5 TDI at Le Mans
- Audi chose its stomping ground of Le Mans to reveal two firsts for the marque with its latest S model.
- Based on the popular Q5, the SQ5 is the first SUV in the S range, as well as being the first diesel.
- Powered by a 313PS 3.0-litre BiTDI engine, the SQ5 will reach a limited top speed of 155mph and hit 60mph in just 5.1 seconds, as well as returning a claimed 39.2mpg.
- UK prices will be confirmed in October but are expected to be in the region of £45,000.