A round up of the week’s new car launches in bite-sized chunks.
News this week from Dacia, Jaguar, Mazda, Mercedes-Benz and SEAT
25 June 2012
SEAT reveals its latest Toledo
- SEAT has brought back its Toledo name, the fourth generation of car to wear the badge.
- The latest Toledo pays homage to the first, looking like a saloon but with a proper hatchback.
- Related to the newly-unveiled Skoda Rapid, the latest Toledo with be launched with 1.2- and 1.4-litre TSI engines and a 1.6-litre TDI unit.
- The full UK range of SEAT Toledos will be confirmed nearer the early 2013 on sale date.
26 June 2012
Kuro is the latest limited edition Mazda MX-5
- Mazda’s popular MX-5 roadster and roadster-coupe are now available as the limited edition Kuro.
- The pair feature sport-focused styling with black roof, door mirrors and gunmetal finished wheels; inside stone and black leather seats lend an exclusive air.
- Just 200 roadsters with 1.8-litre engines and 400 roadster-coupes with the more powerful 2.0-litre unit are available, starting at £18,495.
27 June 2012
Dacia confirms ultra-competitive pricing for its Duster in the UK
- Costing just £8,995 for the 4×2 version and £10,995 for the 4×4, the Dacia Duster is going to be incredibly competitive when sales begin in January 2013.
- Three UK trim levels on offer: Access, Ambience and Laureate, the entry level with a 1.6-litre petrol and the others with a 1.5-litre dCi unit, all Renault-sourced.
- Available to pre-order now.
Mercedes-Benz confirms the A-Class UK launch range
- Mercedes-Benz’s third generation A-Class will be available from December 2012.
- The entire range of petrol and diesel engines is badged BlueEFFICIENCY with a broad offering of models available.
- A 180 comes as standard, SE and Sport with a 1.6-litre, 122bhp petrol engine.
- A 180 CDI available as SE, Sport and AMG sport, with a 1.5-litre diesel engine on manual models and a 1.8-litre on automatics, both with 109bhp.
- A 200 petrol models are equipped with a 1.6-litre 156bhp engine in Sport and AMG Sport guises.
- A 200 CDI models come in the same trims as their petrol counterparts with a 136bhp 1.8-litre diesel.
- Topping the range are the 211bhp, 2.0-litre petrols badged A 250 and available as AMG Sport and Engineered by AMG versions.
- The new A-Class starts at £18,945 for the A 180 BlueEFFICIENCY.
28 June 2012
Jaguar announced 2013MY upgrades for the XF and XJ ranges
- Jaguar has announced a host of improvements for its 2013MY XF and XJ saloons as well as the new XF Sportbrake.
- On the XF, the 2.2-litre diesel is now available in 163 and 200PS formats, with both the XF and XJ benefitting from a new 3.0-litre supercharged petrol engine with 340PS.
- Both XF and XJ now have the 8-speed ZF automatic gearbox as standard, the XJ also being offered with a comfort suspension package.
- The XF Sportbrake will start at £31,940 for the 163PS 2.2 Diesel SE Business model.
29 June 2012
Mercedes-Benz reveals the glamorous CLS Shooting Brake
- Mercedes-Benz has unveiled the CLS-Class Shooting Brake at the Goodwood Festival of Speed.
- Based on the four-door coupe, Mercedes says this is a five-door coupe, rather than an estate.
- The luggage area is lavishly trimmed and the sloping tailgate certainly limits outright carrying capacity although it can still swallow up to 1550l of luggage.
- UK prices will be confirmed in November 2012 for the CLS 250 CDI and CLS 350 CDI launch range of Shooting Brakes.