A bite-sized round up of the week’s new car launches.
News this week from from Land Rover, Lexus, Mercedes-Benz, Nissan, Peugeot, Renault, SsangYong and Toyota.
7th January 2013
Peugeot reveals the new 2008 crossover
- 2008 is a B-segment crossover based on the marque’s fresh 208 architecture.
- Mechanical specifications will be confirmed at the Geneva motor show unveiling but will include 3-cylinder petrol and e-HDi diesel powerplants.
- UK sales will begin in late summer, with orders being taken from June.
New 360 variant of Nissan’s Qashqai and Qashqai +2
- Replacing the outgoing n-tec+ version of Nissan’s popular Qashqai range is the new 360 variant.
- The name is derived from the standard fitment of Nissan’s Connect 360 package with around view monitor; the interior and exterior are fitted with additional gloss black detailing.
- Available in five-seater Qashqai and seven-seater Qashqai +2, the 360 is available with a choice of 1.6- and 2.0-litre petrol engines or 1.5-, 1.6- and 2.0-litre dCi diesels.
- Prices start at £19,945 for the Qashqai 360 1.6 (117ps).
SsangYong’s Rodius now available with efficient new diesel engine
- SsangYong’s distinctive Rodius MPV is now available with an efficient new e-XDi 2.0-litre diesel engine.
- Euro 5 compliant, the new engine produces 153bhp and is mated to either manual or Mercedes-Benz derived T-Tronic gearboxes.
- Prices start at just £15,995 for the entry-level S model, rising to £21,995 for the range-topping EX model with four wheel drive.
8th January 2013
Toyota revises the Yaris Trend for 2013
- Toyota’s Yaris Trend, aimed at younger buyers has been revised for 2013.
- Available as a 1.33-litre 5-door model, the Trend still features the black window trim giving a floating roof effect.
- Additional features on the Trend for 2013 include chrome exterior details, 16″ two tone alloy wheels, rear spoiler and LED tail lights shared with the Yaris Hybrid.
- Prices start at £14,570 for the manual gearbox version.
9th January 2013
Peugeot released limited edition 208 Intuitive
- Peugeot’s popular 208 range has been further boosted by the comprehensively specified Intuitive limited edition, based on the Allure trim.
- Engines include the 1.2-litre VTi 82, 1.4-litre HDi 70 and range topping 1.6 e-HDi 92, all with 3- and 5-door bodies.
- Special features for the 208 Intuitive include Park Assist, 16″ alloys, satnav, glazed roof, directional front fog lights and dual zone climate control.
- Prices start at 14,245 when the 208 Intuitive goes on sale in January.
Lexus reveals a bold new look with the third generation IS
- Employing daring styling references from its LF-CC concept car, the latest generation of IS saloons creates a bold new look for Lexus.
- To be unveiled at January’s Detroit show, the new IS is cab-rearward in stance, emphasising its sporty intent.
- F Sport models are easily identified with a different shape, as well as a different in-fill, for the mesh grille, as well as an aggressive front bumper design.
- Prices and model line up will be confirmed nearer the car’s British on sale date in late summer 2013.
10th January 2013
Land Rover presents the limited edition Sicilian Yellow Range Rover Evoque
- Debuting at January’s Brussels motor show is the limited edition Range Rover Evoque Sicilian Yellow.
- Featuring bodywork in Sicilian Yellow with contrasting Santorini Black roof, or vice versa, the special Evoque also sees the introduction of the Black Design Pack for trim details.
- Based on existing Dynamic models in Coupe and 5-door forms, the Evoque Sicilian Yellow goes on sale in May.
Mercedes-Benz serves up two tunes of the new E 63 AMG
- Following the recent launch of the overhauled E-Class range, Mercedes-Benz has presented the new E 63 AMG saloon and estate, available in regular and hardcore S-Model forms.
- Both are powered by a 5.5-litre biturbo V8, with either 557bhp or 585bhp depending on which you choose; both are limited to 155mph but can reach 62mph in 4.2 and 3.6 seconds respectively.
- S-Model E 63 AMGs additionally feature a differential lock on the rear axle to maximising performance on road or track, as well as stylistic differences.
- E 63 AMG sales begin in April, with the S-Model following in June.
11th January 2013
Renault enters the small crossover arena with the Captur
- Following the new Renault design language launched on the fourth generation Clio, the French marque’s latest model is a small SUV called Captur.
- Based on the new Clio’s architecture, the Captur aims to capture a slice of this growing B-segment sector by offering bold exterior looks, with a fresh, modern and spacious cabin.
- Customisation will be a key aspect of the Captur’s charm with bold colours, including optionally contrasting roof hues.
- The Captur will be formally unveiled at the Geneva show in March, with production at Renault’s Spanish plant at Valladolid.
- British sales with a range of petrol and diesel engines are expected to start in the summer.
Got something to say? Go for it!