A bite-sized round up of the week’s new car launches.
News this week from from Alfa Romeo, Audi, Kia, Mercedes-Benz, Suzuki and Vauxhall.
28th January 2013
Kia reveals new high performance cee’d and pro_cee’d GT
- Set to be released at March’s Geneva motor show are a pair of high performance hot hatchbacks from Kia.
- The new cee’d and pro_cee’d GT are powered by a turbocharged 1.6-litre petrol engine producing 204ps, enough to get the pair to 60mph in under 8 seconds.
- Styling cues for the GTs include specific 18 inch alloys, red brake calipers, dual exhaust finisher and distinctive LED day running lights.
- The 3-door pro_cee’d GT arrives in Britain in the summer, the 5-door cee’d GT later in 2013.
30th January 2013
Audi’s A3 Cabriolet prepares to bow out
- With the new generation Audi A3 already on sale, the outgoing A3 Cabriolet Sport and S line models have been upgraded to run-out Final Edition specification.
- Final Edition A3 Cabriolets offer over £2000 worth of additional equipment including Vienna leather upholstery, BOSE sound system and DVD navigation system.
- Power comes from a range of petrol and diesel engines with a choice of 1.2 TFSI (105ps), 1.6 TDI (105ps), 1.8 TFSI (160ps), 2.0 TDI (140ps) and 2.0 TFSI (200ps).
- Prices for the A3 Cabriolet Final Edition start at £23,775 for the 1.2 TFSI Sport.
Vauxhall’s Zafira Tourer available in BiTurbo form
- With 195ps available, Vauxhall’s new BiTurbo diesel Zafira Tourer is one of the fastest seven-seater MPVs available yet still manages to average 50.4mpg and emit 149g/km CO2.
- The engine, already fitted to the BiTurbo Astra and Insignia will propel the SE, SRi or Elite trimmed Zafira Tourer to 135mph, reaching 60mph in 8.5 seconds.
- Available to order now with spring 2013 delivery, the Zafira Tourer BiTurbo costs from £27,685.
31st January 2013
Alfa Romeo’s very limited edition MiTo SBK
- Marking Alfa Romeo’s continued involvement with the FIM World Superbike series, just 28 examples of Alfa Romeo’s new MiTo Quadrifoglio Verde SBK are destined for Britain at a price of £21,595.
- Revealed at last year’s Paris motor show, the MiTo QV SBK is powered by the standard model’s 170bhp MultiAir engine but features a striking body kit, with complementing body graphics, 18 inch alloys and red Brembo brakes.
1st February 2013
Mercedes-Benz announces the limited availability C 63 AMG ‘Edition 507’
- Mercedes-Benz’s performance arm, AMG, will use the Geneva motor show to unveil the new C 63 AMG ‘Edition 507’.
- Using technology from the SLS AMG and Black Series C 63, the new ‘Edition 507’ has a lighter engine with forged pistons enabling it to produce 507bhp.
- Consequently the ‘Edition 507’ will reach an electronically limited top speed of 174mph and hit 60mph in 4.2 seconds.
- Available in all three C-Class bodystyles, the C 63 AMG ‘Edition 507’ differs externally by virtue of bonnet vents, specific design 19 inch alloys in a choice of two finishes and dark or gloss back detailing to the exterior trims.
- Prices will be confirmed later in 2013.
Suzuki adds sportiness with the limited edition Swift SZ-L
- Suzuki’s well-received Swift is available in a new special edition SZ-L form from 1st February, priced at £10,599 for the 3-door version.
- Based on the standard SZ3 specification and powered by a 1.2-litre petrol engine producing 94ps, the SZ-L adds a rear spoiler, rear privacy glass, 16 inch alloys and metallic paint. Inside, red accent stitching from the Swift Sport and cruise control add to the package’s appeal.