A bite-sized round up of the week’s new car launches.
News this week from from Alfa Romeo, Audi, Kia, Mercedes-Benz, Suzuki and Vauxhall.
28th January 2013
Kia reveals new high performance cee’d and pro_cee’d GT
- Set to be released at March’s Geneva motor show are a pair of high performance hot hatchbacks from Kia.
- The new cee’d and pro_cee’d GT are powered by a turbocharged 1.6-litre petrol engine producing 204ps, enough to get the pair to 60mph in under 8 seconds.
- Styling cues for the GTs include specific 18 inch alloys, red brake calipers, dual exhaust finisher and distinctive LED day running lights.
- The 3-door pro_cee’d GT arrives in Britain in the summer, the 5-door cee’d GT later in 2013.
30th January 2013
Audi’s A3 Cabriolet prepares to bow out
- With the new generation Audi A3 already on sale, the outgoing A3 Cabriolet Sport and S line models have been upgraded to run-out Final Edition specification.
- Final Edition A3 Cabriolets offer over £2000 worth of additional equipment including Vienna leather upholstery, BOSE sound system and DVD navigation system.
- Power comes from a range of petrol and diesel engines with a choice of 1.2 TFSI (105ps), 1.6 TDI (105ps), 1.8 TFSI (160ps), 2.0 TDI (140ps) and 2.0 TFSI (200ps).
- Prices for the A3 Cabriolet Final Edition start at £23,775 for the 1.2 TFSI Sport.
Vauxhall’s Zafira Tourer available in BiTurbo form
- With 195ps available, Vauxhall’s new BiTurbo diesel Zafira Tourer is one of the fastest seven-seater MPVs available yet still manages to average 50.4mpg and emit 149g/km CO2.
- The engine, already fitted to the BiTurbo Astra and Insignia will propel the SE, SRi or Elite trimmed Zafira Tourer to 135mph, reaching 60mph in 8.5 seconds.
- Available to order now with spring 2013 delivery, the Zafira Tourer BiTurbo costs from £27,685.
31st January 2013
Alfa Romeo’s very limited edition MiTo SBK
- Marking Alfa Romeo’s continued involvement with the FIM World Superbike series, just 28 examples of Alfa Romeo’s new MiTo Quadrifoglio Verde SBK are destined for Britain at a price of £21,595.
- Revealed at last year’s Paris motor show, the MiTo QV SBK is powered by the standard model’s 170bhp MultiAir engine but features a striking body kit, with complementing body graphics, 18 inch alloys and red Brembo brakes.
1st February 2013
Mercedes-Benz announces the limited availability C 63 AMG ‘Edition 507’
- Mercedes-Benz’s performance arm, AMG, will use the Geneva motor show to unveil the new C 63 AMG ‘Edition 507’.
- Using technology from the SLS AMG and Black Series C 63, the new ‘Edition 507’ has a lighter engine with forged pistons enabling it to produce 507bhp.
- Consequently the ‘Edition 507’ will reach an electronically limited top speed of 174mph and hit 60mph in 4.2 seconds.
- Available in all three C-Class bodystyles, the C 63 AMG ‘Edition 507’ differs externally by virtue of bonnet vents, specific design 19 inch alloys in a choice of two finishes and dark or gloss back detailing to the exterior trims.
- Prices will be confirmed later in 2013.
Suzuki adds sportiness with the limited edition Swift SZ-L
- Suzuki’s well-received Swift is available in a new special edition SZ-L form from 1st February, priced at £10,599 for the 3-door version.
- Based on the standard SZ3 specification and powered by a 1.2-litre petrol engine producing 94ps, the SZ-L adds a rear spoiler, rear privacy glass, 16 inch alloys and metallic paint. Inside, red accent stitching from the Swift Sport and cruise control add to the package’s appeal.
Got something to say? Go for it!