A bite-sized round up of the week’s new car launches.
News this week from from Citroen, Mazda, Nissan, Peugeot, Renault, Toyota and Volkswagen.
4th February 2013
Renault’s Scenic evolves into the crossover XMOD
- Due to be unveiled at March’s Geneva motor show is a facelifted version of Renault’s Scenic model, known as XMOD.
- The crossover style XMOD will be the only five-seater Scenic sold in Britain, whilst the larger seven-seater Grand Scenic will be facelifted too with similar design cues.
- Fitted as standard on the Scenic XMOD are Grip Xtend traction control and R-Link telematics.
- UK prices for the Scenic XMOD and facelifted Grand Scenic will be confirmed nearer its launch.
5th February 2013
Peugeot confirms prices for the new 208 GTi
- Peugeot’s new 208 GTi will cost from £18,895 when UK sales begin on 18th April.
- Available to order from 1st March, the new 208 GTi is powered by a 1.6-litre 200bhp turbo engine, promising a 0-60 sprint of 6.8 seconds.
- Specific design 17 inch alloys, red detailing and unique LED light arrangements mark out the 208 GTi.
Citroen’s DS3 Cabrio now available to order
- The soft top version of Citroen’s popular DS3, the Cabrio, is now available to order with prices starting at £15,045.
- By retaining the side structure of the hatchback version, the DS3 Cabrio is still able to seat five and has the largest boot in its class at 245l.
- The fabric roof can be operated at speeds of up to 75mph and can go from fully closed to fully open in just 16 seconds.
- At the rear, the DS3 Cabrio features 3D LED rear lights whilst other styling cues, such as the shark fin on the B-pillar, are carried over.
- The DS3 Cabrio’s engine range comprises of the VTi 82, VTi 120 and THP 155 petrol engines, in DSign, DStyle and DSport trim levels.
6th February 2013
Special Edition Mazda 5 Ventures onto the market
- Petrol and diesel versions of the new limited edition Mazda 5 Venture are now available from £19,995.
- Body kit, 17 inch alloys, Sanyo TomTom satnav and a reversing camera are all part of the Mazda 5 Venture’s package.
- Besides a choice of four special colours, Mazda 5 Venture customers can choose between a 2.0-litre 150ps petrol engine and a 115ps 1.6-litre turbo diesel.
7th February 2013
Volkswagen unveils the Golf R Cabriolet
- Volkswagen has unveiled its new 155mph Golf R Cabriolet, due to go on sale in the spring.
- Powered by a 265ps 2.0-litre turbocharged engine, mated to a 6-speed DSG gearbox, the Golf R Cabriolet can sprint to 60mph in just 6.4 seconds.
- The Golf R Cabriolet will cost from £38,770.
Volkswagen unleashes the fastest ever Beetle – the GSR
- With 210ps under the bonnet, the GSR promises to be the fastest ever Beetle.
- Limited to just 3500 units worldwide, the 142mph will reach the UK in the autumn, with only 100 examples available.
- Yellow and black dominate the exterior and interior of the Beetle GSR, with many trim details unique to this model.
- UK prices for the GSR will be confirmed later in 2013.
8th February 2013
Toyota finally makes TRD modifications official on a special GT86…
- Toyota Racing Development (TRD) modifications are now officially available in the UK on the 250-off limited edition GT86 TRD.
- Visually, the changes to the body are obvious, the TRD showing off its new mouldings in either white or black paint.
- Further enhancements on the GT86 TRD include forged 18 inch alloys, a fast response quad exhaust and detail modifications with the TRD logo.
- Performance is unchanged, the GT86 available with manual or automatic transmission from £31,495 when sales begin on 1st March.
… While Nissan reveals its second Nismo-prepared model for Britain with the 370Z
- Following on from the Juke Nismo, Nissan’s performance arm has turned its attention to the 370Z coupe.
- With 344ps available from its tuned V6, the 370Z Nismo features an aggressive body kit with red Nismo detailing.
- The interior has been madeover too with a sportier, premium feel including an Alcantara-rimmed wheel with a red top dead centre marker.
- Prices for the Nissan sports car will be confirmed nearer the UK on sale date.