Please note that due to smaller than hoped for numbers, the 3-Wheeler World Record attempt has been postponed and will be rescheduled for a later date, hopefully still in 2013.
Thanks to all individuals and media outlets who expressed an interest in the event too – it was very welcome.
After a small amount of thought, I’ve decided it would be a great idea to organise (somewhat last minute, I know) a World Record attempt to create the largest ever parade of three-wheeled cars on Friday 24 May in Lincoln.
I’ll let that sink in for a moment, for you and I both.
So, here’s the deal: on that date the academy I teach at is holding its annual Summer Gala and being a successful Business and Enterprise school, we like to be bold and encourage a ‘can do’ attitude in our students. That mantra’s been extended into this project.
The plan is to use a large field by the school’s main entrance to host as many three-wheeled cars as we can in a display area where students, staff and members of the public can vote for the ‘Best in Show’.
After hours of scouring the internet it seems finding an existing figure for such a record is something of a wild goose chase, so until I hear different from the lovely people at Guinness, the figure reached on the day will establish a record for others to beat.
Those in attendance will be able to join in the events at student run stalls where Lincolnshire’s heritage and culture will be celebrated with a selection of products to buy and traditional games to take part in.
As the festivities draw to a close, the parade of tri-cars will then depart through the car park and out into historic Lincoln itself.
Clearly, getting organised is the essence of the moment to ensure that there will be a suitably large number of three-wheeled attendees at the event.
There is no restriction on makes or models of three-wheeled cars and vans so it’s not limited to Bonds, Morgans and Reliants. However, anyone attending on a motor tricycle will be permitted entry but won’t count in the parade number.
- Registration number
- Number of people in your party
Entries need to be received no later than 5:00pm on Monday 20 May.
All efforts to share this page and promote awareness of the World Record attempt are very much appreciated.
Lincoln Castle Academy Summer Gala Specifics:
- Three-wheeler owners/drivers should arrive ideally by 1:00pm and will be directed towards a specific display area.
- Parking will be available from 8:00am and the academy is just a 20 minute walk away from Lincoln’s historic Bailgate, Castle and Cathedral should you wish to make a day of it.
- Lincoln Castle Academy is situated just off the A46 by-pass so access won’t be a problem.
- The address is Lincoln Castle Academy, Riseholme Road, Lincoln LN1 3SP.
- The Gala will end around 3:00pm with the parade of vehicles departing the academy grounds around that time.
Photographs © Footman James, Morgan Motor Company Ltd and Piaggio