A round up of the week’s new car launches in bite-size chunks.
News this week from from Bentley, Kia, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, Toyota and Vauxhall.
9 January 2012
Bentley launches the Continental GT and GTC V8
- New twin turbo, 500bhp, 4.0-litre V8 versions of the second generation Continental GT and GTC launched at the North American International Auto Show at Detroit.
- 40% improvement in both fuel consumption and emissions over existing 6.0-litre W12 models; fitted with 8-speed automatic gearbox.
- Unique gloss black grille, redesigned rear valance and eucalyptus wood veneer amongst the V8’s highlights.
- Continental GT coupé priced at £123,850; Continental GTC convertible at £136,250.
Mercedes-Benz launches the E 300 BlueTEC Hybrid
- New diesel-electric hybrid version of the E-Class saloon and estate revealed at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit.
- 204bhp from its 2143cc diesel engine and electic motor delivering a combined fuel cycle of 67.2mpg and producing just 109g/km CO2.
- On sale later in 2012.
10 January 2012
Kia unveils the second generation cee’d
- Second generation Kia cee’d to be revealed at the Geneva motor show.
- Redesigned to provide a more upmarket feel.
- On sale in the UK from June.
Toyota unveils the production ready Yaris Hybrid
- Petrol-electric hybrid version of the third generation Yaris in production form to be unveiled at the Geneva motor show.
- Scaled down version of Toyota’s Hybrid Synergy Drive system mated to the 1.5-litre petrol engine, delivering 98bhp.
- Unique nose design on the Yaris Hybrid with emphasis on improved aerodynamics.
- On sale in the UK early summer 2012.
Vauxhall taking orders for the Ampera
- Orders are now being taken for Vauxhall’s Ampera hybrid saloon.
- Battery pack has an eight year, 100,000 mile warranty.
- Deliveries will begin in May of the £32,250 Positiv and £33,995 Electron models.
Vauxhall unveils the Mokka
- Vauxhall Mokka is an all-new B-segment SUV and will be formally unveiled at the Geneva motor show.
- Three engines at launch: 113bhp 1.6 petrol, 128bhp 1.7 CDTi diesel and 138bhp 1.4 turbo petrol.
- Mokka will be available with front and four wheel drive.
- Due on sale in the UK towards the end of 2012.
11 January 2012
Toyota reveals facelifted Land Cruiser V8
- Revised styling of Toyota’s largest SUV revealed at the Brussels motor show.
- Improved 4.5-litre V8 turbo diesel engine now Euro 5 emissions compliant.
- Advanced technology including a world-first system to reduce turning radius when negotiating tight bends.
- Available from March 2012 with UK specifications being finalised.
12 January 2012
Porsche unveils the third generation Boxster
- Evolutionary styling for the third generation of Porsche Boxster roadsters.
- The new Boxster is lighter, promises greater agility and a 15% improvement in fuel consumption.
- Boxster has a 2.7-litre flat six with 265bhp, the Boxster S has a 3.4-litre flat six with 315bhp, both available with manual and PDK transmissions.
- On sale in the UK from April from £37,589 for the Boxster and £45,384 for the Boxster S.
SEAT reveals facelifted Ibiza range
- Revised styling, especially on the nose making an effective facelift of the Ibiza range.
- Improved interior promised.
- Facelifted Cupra models to be revealed later in the year.
- On sale in the UK from spring 2012.
Got something to say? Go for it!