16 January 2012
Jaguar launches 163PS variant of the XF 2.2 Diesel
- New entry level version of the Jaguar XF.
- Four-cylinder 2.2 Diesel engine produces 163PS and will be sold alongside the existing 190PS versions.
- Claimed top speed of 130mph; 0-60mph in 9.8 seconds; combined fuel consumption cycle of 52.3mpg; 149g/km of CO2.
- Available to order now for March 2012 delivery at £29,950.
Audi reveals the new A6 allroad
- Audi reveals the third generation of its A6-based allroad crossover.
- Three engines available from launch: 3.0 TFSI with 310PS and two versions of the 3.0 TDI with 204PS and 245PS; fuel consumption decreased by up to 20%.
- Four-level adaptive air suspension fitted as standard, together with quattro four wheel drive system.
- Available to order from February 2012 with deliveries in the spring.
BMW launches new 1 Series hatchback variants
- New versions of BMW’s second generation 1 Series hatchback range available to order.
- 116d EfficientDyamics has 1.6-litre TwinPower turbo diesel engine producing 116bhp; combined fuel consumption cycle of 74.3mpg and emissions of 99g/km CO2; priced at £20,885.
- 125i M Sport has 2.0-litre TwinPower turbo petrol engine delivering 218bhp, reaching 60mph in 6.5 seconds; 44.1mpg on combined cycle and 152g/km CO2; priced at £26,030.
- 125d M Sport is fitted with a 2.0-litre TwinPower turbo diesel, delivering the same performance as its petrol counterpart but averages 57.6mpg and produces just 129g/km CO2; priced at £27,820.
- M Sport variants of other 1 Series hatchbacks available; 10mm lowered suspension, revised body styling, 18″ M Star alloy wheels, high gloss exterior detailing, sports seats and M Sport interior features; priced at £22,510 for the 116i M Sport.
BMW reveals 1 Series coupé and convertible Exclusive and Sport Plus limited editions
- Exclusive Edition based on existing ES models and adds 17″ alloy wheels, chrome exterior detailing, Boston leather upholstery and brushed aluminium trim.
- Sport Plus Edition based on current M Sport models adding 18″ double spoke alloys, darkened rear lamps, Boston leather upholstery and upgraded audio equipment.
- Prices are £500 more than the models they’re based on offering savings of £1815 and £1450 respectively.
17 January 2012
Mercedes-Benz reveals pricing of the SLK 55 AMG
- Fastest version of the third generation SLK now available to order at a cost of £54,950.
- Powered by a naturally aspirated 5.5-litre V8 producing 421bhp, mated to the AMG Speedshift 7G-Tronic Plus sequential gearbox
- Limited 155mph top speed, 0-60mph in just 4.6 seconds.
18 January 2012
Citroën launches the DS3 Ultra Prestige
- Range topping luxury DS3 Ultra Prestige now on sale following its debut at the 2011 Frankfurt motor show.
- Special Club leather seating and the dash top covered in Alpine white leather, with further hide on the door panels.
- Along with full colour satnav, automatic lights and wipers and rear parking sensors, the Ultra Prestige is identifiable with its ‘DS’ roof pattern.
- Fitted with the HDi 110 Stop & Start and THP 155 engines, the flagship DS3 starts at £20,700.
Toyota unveils the facelifted Prius
- Mild facelift of the third generation Prius with a revised front end and higher quality interior.
- Improved infotainment with Touch & Go Plus multimedia system available on T3 and T4 models and standard on the T Spirit.
- On sale in March 2012 from £21,350.
19 January 2012
Renault reveals prices of the facelifted Twingo
- Significant facelift of the second generation Twingo aims to capture the fun and boldness of the original.
- New range of colours available, along with a full length fabric sunroof option.
- Initially only available with the 1.2-litre 16V engine, details of the facelifted Twingo RenaultSport 133 due in April 2012.
- Unique in its class, the Twingo has standard fit cruise control.
- Available now, priced at £10,350 for the Dynamique 1.2 16V 75.
20 January 2012
Renault confirms UK prices for the Scénic and Grand Scénic
- Revised styling with additional gloss and chrome finishes and LED day running lights for the 5-seat Scénic and 7-seat Grand Scénic.
- Standard equipment on core models includes rear parking sensors, cruise control, satnav, Bluetooth connectivity, automatic lights and wipers and alloy wheels.
- New engines include the 1.2 TCe 115 petrol (49.6mpg, 135g/km CO2) and 1.5 dCi 110 diesel (68.9mpg, 105g/km CO2) on the smaller Scénic.
- Prices for the entry level Dynamique TomTom 1.6 VVT 110 are £18,325 (Scénic) and £19,725 (Grand Scénic).
Got something to say? Go for it!