A round up of the week’s new car launches in bite-sized chunks.
News this week from SEAT and Volkswagen.
12 March 2012
SEAT confirms lower prices for revised Ibiza ranges
- With the facelifted Ibiza ranges about to go on sale in Britain, SEAT has confirmed prices are lower than the outgoing models.
- The Ibiza starts at £9,995 for the SC 1.2 60PS E.
- A revised specification line-up goes from E, to S, through SE and finally to FR representing the sportier offerings until the revised Cupra models arrive.
- The ST estate versions of the Ibiza are now available in FR specification for the first time.
- Prices of the 5-door hatchbacks are at a £500 premium over the SC models; ordering an ST over a 5-door costs an extra £710 for equivalent models.
15 March 2012
Volkswagen’s up! arrives in UK showrooms
- The first 3-door, manual-gearboxed examples of Volkswagen’s up! city car are now in British showrooms.
- The range starts at £7,995 for the Take up! with the mid-range Move up! costing from £8,970. These models are fitted with a 59bhp 1.0-litre petrol engine, available with BlueMotion Technology on the Move up! at £9,330 and providing 68.9mpg and just 96g/km CO2.
- The more expensive High up! and limited editions up! black and up! white are equipped with a 74bhp version of the same engine and cost £10,390 and £11,180 respectively.
SEAT unleashes the Leon FR+ Supercopa limited editions
- SEAT is celebrating its participation in the World Touring Car Championship with a limited edition Supercopa, based on the FR+ models.
- Powered by either the 170PS 2.0 TDI CR or 211PS 2.0 TSI diesel and petrol powerplants, Supercopa models enjoy £3000 of extra equipment for a £750 price premium.
- Special features include reworked bumpers and side skirts, larger tailgate spoiler, chrome tipped exhausts, 18″ BBS alloys, satnav with colour touchscreen, DAB radio, Bluetooth connectivity, rear parking sensors and bi-xenon headlamps with adaptive lighting.
- Prices for the Supercopa FR+ start at £22,530 for the diesel variant.
16 March 2012
Volkswagen confirms UK pricing and specifications for Passat Alltrack
- Volkswagen’s new crossover, the Passat Alltrack, will be available with a 2.0-litre TDI powerplant when UK sales begin in May 2012.
- Manual versions have a 138bhp version of the engine; DSG models uprated to 168bhp.
- One trim level will be on offer featuring Alcantara upholstery, dual zone climate control, blind spot and lane change monitoring systems, parking assistance with rear view camera and an electrically operated tow bar.
- Passat Alltracks start at £28,475 for the manual up to £31,025 for the DSG automatic.