A round up of the week’s new car launches in bite-sized chunks.
News this week from Audi, BMW, Ford, Infiniti, Jaguar, Land Rover, Mercedes-Benz, SEAT, Škoda and Toyota.
2 April 2012
SEAT confirms UK prices for the new Mii
- SEAT’s new city car, the Mii, will cost from £7845 when UK sales begin in June.
- All Miis come with a 1.0-litre petrol engine delivering either 59bhp or 74bhp depending on the version chosen.
- The Ecomotive version is fitted with stop-start functionality and averages 67.3mpg and 96g/km CO2.
- At the top of the launch range of 3-door models is the Mii SE 1.0 12V automatic at £10,390.
Ford announces B-MAX pricing ready for September
- Ford has confirmed the UK prices of its B-MAX compact MPV ahead of its September on sale date.
- The B-MAX is available in familiar Studio, Zetec and Titanium trim levels, all of which feature sliding rear doors and no central pillar making entry and exit especially easy.
- Six engines will be available from launch. Petrol versions come with the 1.4- and 1.6-litre Duratec units (90 and 105PS respectively) and Ford’s new three-cylinder 1.0-litre EcoBoost motor with either 100 or 120PS. Diesel fans can opt for the familiar 1.6-litre TDCi 95PS engine, as well as a new 1.5-litre 75PS variant of the same powerplant.
- Prices range from £12,995 up to £18,895.
Prices for Audi’s new A6 allroad confirmed
- The third generation of Audi’s A6 allroad crossover will be on sale from July.
- All models are powered by 3.0-litre engines: TDI units with 204 and 245PS, the newly launched BiTDI version with 313PS and for petrol fans the TFSI engine with 310PS.
- Prices start at £43,150 for the 204PS 3.0 TDI quattro up to £49,455 for the 3.0 BiTDI quattro.
Toyota’s Yaris Hybrid available from July
- The petrol-electric Yaris Hybrid goes on sale in the UK from £14,995 for the T3 model in July.
- Powered by a 1.5-litre VVTi engine, electric motor and transmitting power through a CVT gearbox, the Yaris Hybrid returns up to 80.7mpg and just 79g/km CO2 in T3 and T4 versions.
- T Spirit models from £16,995 offers 76.0mpg and 85g/km.
3 April 2012
Mercedes-Benz’s latest M-Class arrives as a special edition
- The third generation Mercedes-Benz M-Class will launch in the UK as two special launch editions.
- Available as the ML 250 BlueTEC and ML 350 BlueTEC, the latest M-Class features a 7-speed automatic gearbox and stop-start functionality.
- Extensively equipped with £1380 worth of additional equipment, the ML 250 costs £43,235, while the ML 350 costs £46,335.
Infiniti upgrades its G saloon range
- Infiniti’s range of G saloons has been revised for 2012.
- The GT and GT premium models are now available in rear wheel drive format only and in their place the sportier S derivative is available as the G37x with all-wheel drive.
- G37x S costs £38,979 and features a 316bhp V6 engine mated to a seven-speed automatic gearbox. Top speed is 149mph, with fuel consumption and emissions averaging 25.7mpg and 255g/km CO2 respectively.
- The G saloon range starts at £34,909 for the G37 GT.
4 April 2012
BMW reveals the facelifted X1 at the New York Auto Show
- BMW’s smallest SAV, the X1, has been mildly facelifted ahead of its launch in North America.
- Exterior revisions includes revised headlamps with LEDs, revised bumpers and slimmer plastic mouldings.
- Inside, upgrades materials give the X1 a more premium feel than it previously enjoyed.
Land Rover launches luxurious Discovery 4 and Range Rover Sport special editions
- Land Rover has revealed special editions based on its popular Discovery 4 and Range Rover Sport HSE variants.
- The HSE Luxury version of the Discover 4 features 20″ alloys, a range of premium leather interiors and an upgraded Harman/Kardon audio system.
- The Range Rover Sport HSE Red is available with four exterior colours, each with red accents, 20″ split spoke alloys and unique seat trims.
- It’s complemented by the HSE Luxury with a different design of 20″ alloys, extended interior leather, premium sound system and heated steering wheel.
- Both Range Rover Sports cost £58,020, with the Discovery 4 at £56,995.
Mercedes-Benz unveils the all-new, full-size GL-Class
- Revealed at the New York Auto Show is the enormous new GL-Class SUV range.
- Mercedes promises S-Class levels of ride comfort in its flagship off-roader, which features a number of safety advances including a system for compensating against crosswinds.
- UK specifications and prices will be revealed later in 2012 but the initial launch versions are the GL 350 BlueTEC diesel and the GL 500 BlueEFFICIENCY petrol.
Jaguar confirms the F-TYPE name for its forthcoming sports car range
- Jaguar has announced at the New York Auto Show that its new sports car range will finally use the F-TYPE name.
- Previewed as a coupé concept called C-X16 at last year’s Frankfurt show, the production version promises to bear a close resemblance to the show car.
- The first production F-TYPE will go on sale in 2013 as a convertible, with the coupé following soon after.
5 April 2012
Toyota confirms prices for the seven-seat Prius+
- Toyota’s hybrid MPV, the Prius+, goes on sale in July from £26,195.
- Available in T4 and T Spirit trims, the new seven-seater is comprehensively equipped with all models featuring Bluetooth connectivity, rear camera and head-up display whilst the hybrid batteries are within the centre console to liberate interior space.
- The T4 model offers 68.9mpg and just 96g/km CO2; the range topping T Spirit a very respectable 64.2mpg and 101g/km.
Got something to say? Go for it!