A round up of the week’s new car launches in bite-sized chunks.
News this week from Infiniti, Mazda, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, Toyota and Volvo.
10 April 2012
Porsche debuts the new Cayenne GTS in Beijing
- Slotting between the S and Turbo models is the latest Cayenne GTS from Porsche, debuting at the Beijing motor show.
- Power comes by virtue of a 420PS naturally aspirated 4.8-litre V8 engine, the GTS making the most of this with a lowe, stiffer chassis.
- An 8-speed Tiptronic S gearbox with stop-start function is standard, offering a 0-60 sprint 5.7 seconds and fuel consumption of 26.4mpg on the combined cycle.
- The GTS goes on sale in July, priced at £67,147.
Toyota confirms Prius Plug-in Hybrid price
- A single specification will be offered of Toyota’s Prius Plug-in Hybrid will be available from July.
- Priced at £27,895 the Prius Plug-in features touchscreen navigation, advanced Bluetooth, rear camera, LED headlights and head-up display.
- The Plug-in functionality allows the Prius to fun further and faster in EV mode, boasting CO2 emissions of just 49g/km
11 April 2012
Mazda Ventures into spring with a limited edition 2
- The latest limited edition Mazda is based on the popular 2 supermini.
- In 5-door form, the new Venture Edition boasts additional equipment over the donor Tamura model, including 16″ gunmetal alloys, body kit, front fog lights, privacy glass, Sanyo/TomTom satnav and Bluetooth connectivity.
- Just 1500 examples will be available, priced at £12,995.
Mercedes-Benz unveils further updates for the evergreen G-Class
- Mercedes-Benz’s long-running G-Class has been improved for 2012, 33 years after its debut as the G-wagen.
- New features include a wholly revamped and more luxurious and tech-contemporary interior, along with subtle exterior modifications such as LED DRLs.
- UK prices and models will be confirmed later in 2012.
Infiniti’s FX made even more special for 2012
- Infiniti has improved its largest SUV range, the FX for 2012.
- The front end of the FX is altered with a different profile for the bumper and a deeper grille; bolder colours and new alloys complete the mild makeover.
- Prices remain unchanged starting at £51,200 for the FX37 GT Premium up to £58,250 for the FX50 S Premium; diesel FX30d models start at £51,290 for the GT Premium.
12 April 2012
Mercedes-Benz confirms ML 63 AMG pricing
- Mercedes-Benz’s flagship M-Class, the ML 63 AMG, will cost £82,995 when sales begin in Britain.
- Powered by a bi-turbo 5.5-litre V8 engine producing 525PS, the ML 63 AMG is shoved to 60mph in just 4.8 seconds.
- A 7-speed automatic gearbox and stop-start function don’t quell the thirst: 23.9mpg and 276g/km CO2 are improvements on the outgoing model nevertheless.
12 April 2012
Volvo V40 now available to order for September delivery
- Volvo’s all-new V40 hatchback will cost from £19,745 with first deliveries at the end of the summer.
- Safety equipment includes a pedestrian airbag and a pre-crash monitoring system that works at up to 22mph.
- D2 models promise a remarkable 78.5mpg and emissions of just 94g/km CO2.
13 April 2012
Mazda’s Ventures further with the latest limited edition 6
- Following on from the recently unveiled Mazda 2 Venture Edition comes the larger 6 model.
- 17″ gunmetal alloys, privacy glass, special paint, Sanyo/TomTom satnav and Bluetooth connectivity mark out the special 6.
- The Venture Edition is available with a 2.0-litre petrol engine with a hatchback body or a 2.2-litre diesel as a hatch or an estate.
- Prices start at £21,000.
Got something to say? Go for it!