A round up of the week’s new car launches in bite-sized chunks.
News this week from Audi, Chrysler, Nissan and Subaru.
30 April 2012
Audi tops the TT with the new RS plus
- Audi has uprated its TT RS coupé and Roadster models with a further 20PS to create the RS plus.
- Now with 360PS, the TT RS plus coupé reaches 174mph, sprints to 60mph in 4.1 seconds with S tronic transmission, yet still returns 33.2mpg.
- Special features on the RS plus include 19″ ‘Rotor’ alloy wheels, special grille finish, sports exhaust and CFRP door mirror casings.
- Prices range from £48,945 for the RS plus coupé with manual transmission to £52,265 for the S tronic equipped RS plus Roadster.
1 May 2012
Subaru confirms UK prices for the BRZ coupé
- Subuaru has confirmed UK prices for the SE and SE Lux versions of its new BRZ coupé.
- Priced at £24,995 and £27,995 respectively, both BRZs feature a 2.0-litre boxer engine, keyless entry, torque-sensing limited slip differential and six-speed manual gearbox. A six-speed automatic is available for a further £1500.
Chrysler announces British prices for the revised 300C
- Chrysler has confirmed UK prices for the new diesel-powered 300C saloon range that goes on sale in June.
- Both the Limited and Executive are available with a 3.0-litre V6 delivering 236bhp yet returns 39.8mpg and as little as 185g/km CO2.
- The distinctive new look aims to add more prestige and less aggression than the outgoing 300C, as well as offering the largest sunroof and touchscreen in its class.
- The 300C Limited costs £35,995 with the Executive model carrying a £4000 premium.
3 May 2012
Nissan confirms the Juke-R’s limited production run
- After teasing with a well-honed, but bonkers concept, Nissan has confirmed the Juke-R will go into limited production.
- Built on the running gear of the latest 2012 GT-R supercar, the Juke-R has a 3.8-litre 545bhp engine, enough for it to reach 160mph.
- So far three orders have been taken, with further deposits being taken over the next four weeks.