A bite-sized round up of the week’s new car launches.
News this week from from Bentley, Citroën and Mercedes-Benz.
2nd January 2013
Bentley launches world’s fastest four-seater convertible
- Bentley has revealed the 202mph Continental GT Speed convertible, the world’s fastest open four-seater.
- 616bhp is developed from its twin-turbocharged, 6.0-litre W12 engine, delivering drive to all four wheels via an 8-speed transmission.
- British sales begin shortly after the Continental GT Speed convertible makes its debut at the Detroit Auto Show.
Citroën launches two DS3 Red limited editions
- Latest limited edition versions of the DS3 are on sale now from £15,655.
- Four models are on offer: DStyle Red in e-HDi 90 and VTi 120 forms and the DSport Red with either e-HDi 115 or THP 155 powertrains.
- Special features include a ‘Red Touch’ accent pack with a scarlet roof, mirror housings and grille finish on the outside and a red dashboard plinth dominating the interior.
4th January 2013
Mercedes-Benz reveals the new face of the E-Class coupé and convertible
- Following on from the recently unveiled new E-Class saloon and estate, the sportier, two-door versions have been refreshed for 2014.
- New, single lens headlamps create a smoother, sportier appearance and are the most significant of a number of exterior changes.
- Mechanically, the two-door E-Class models will initially be available in E 200 and E 250 petrol versions and E 220 CDI and E 250 CDI diesels, all with BlueEFFICIENCY features. Topping the preliminary lineup, until the AMG version appears, is the diesel E 350 BlueTEC.
- Rear wheels are driven by a choice of 6-speed manual and 7G-Tronic automatic gearboxes.
- Prices for the new E-Class coupé and convertible will be confirmed nearer the UK on sale date later in 2013.