For the past three seasons, a week before the start of the Formula 1 season, I’ve endeavoured to make some predictions for the year ahead.
This year’s no different, except I’m making my shrewd judgements (okay, wild guesses), in the more permanent and familiar surroundings of this site. No hiding place at the season’s end.
So, without further ado, Keith Jones’ F1 Predictions for 2013 are…
1. 2013 F1 World Champion Driver – Jenson Button, with Fernando Alonso as runner-up and Sebastian Vettel in third place.
2. 2013 F1 World Champion Constructor – Ferrari.
3. Race winning drivers – Fernando Alonso, Jenson Button, Romain Grosjean, Lewis Hamilton, Felipe Massa, Sergio Perez, Kimi Raikkonen, Nico Rosberg, Sebastian Vettel, Mark Webber… And Nico Hulkenberg.
4. Most podiums in 2013 without a win – Paul di Resta.
5. Last seasons with their current teams for – Felipe Massa, Pastor Maldonado, Paul di Resta, and Mark Webber.
6. Most DNFs in the season – Jean-Eric Vergne.
7. Teams scoring points in 2013 – all teams, including Caterham and Marussia.
8. Engine manufacturers – Cosworth will announce its withdrawal at the end of 2013; Honda will announce its return in 2015; Hyundai/Kia will also announce its F1 debut for 2015.
9. Senior staff – Ross Brawn will leave Mercedes and re-join Ferrari to see out his career.
10. Driver most likely to be replaced before the end of the season – Jean-Eric Vergne.
Do you agree or disagree with my suggested outcomes for the 2013 F1 season? Add your thoughts into the comments section below.
Picture courtesy of Vodafone McLaren Mercedes 2013.